These are the terms and conditions for this website. For the purposes of these terms Young Professionals in International Affairs, will be referred to as YPIA.
The following is prohibited in both blog posts and in comments:
- Posting any content containing profanity, insults, or anything that could constitute pornography.
- Posting any content containing personal insults, threats, bulling, intimidation, or attacks on individuals.
- Harassment based on race, national origin, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, or age.
- Derailing a comment section, i.e. making repeated off topic comments that are not relevant to the blog post.
- Posting any content containing libelous or defamatory statements.
- Posting any copy written, patented, or trademarked material outside that allowed by fair use.
- Things that could be construed as spam and comments that might constitute commercial activity.
- Posting content with links to sites which would violate the guidelines.
- Posting anything impermissible under United States law.
- Uploading avatars that would violate the guidelines.
- Falsely reporting comments or posts that do not violate the comments policy, to silence opinions you disagree with.
If a post or comment does not specifically violate one of the above criteria, but none the less violates either spirit of the guidelines or of civil discourse, YPIA reserves the right to prohibit the post or comment on a case by case basis.
YPIA is Not Liable for the Opinions Expressed on This Site
YPIA merely serves as a forum for people of all viewpoints to discuss international affairs, current events, and culture in a courteous manner. As such any opinions expressed on this website are purely that of the author and not of YPIA. YPIA accepts no responsibility for the views expressed by authors using this forum.
If you feel a blog post has violated our guidelines please contact the site administrator, list the name of the post, and why you believe it has violated our policy. An administrator will assess whether a violation has been committed and what actions should be taken. Note that disagreeing with a post is not in itself grounds for reporting a post.
All Posts are distributed under the Attribution-Noncommercial license, although any artwork that accompanies them may fall under other licenses.
In make comments on YPIA’s website a person must subscribe as a user. A new user’s first comment will need to be approved by a moderator prior to posting. YPIA reserves the right to hold any post for moderation.
YPIA allows comments as a means of promoting reasoned debate. Comments from all different points of view are encouraged, but debate should be civil.
YPIA moderates its comments; your privilege to comment is at the discretion of YPIA. YPIA reserves the unlimited right to delete any comments and ban users from commenting for any reason whatsoever. YPIA does not edit comments; any comments found in violation of our guidelines will be deleted.
By submitting a comment, you grant YPIA a perpetual, nonexclusive, world-wide, royalty free, sub-licensable license to the Submissions, which includes without limitation the right for YPIA or any third party it designates, to use, copy, transmit, excerpt, publish, distribute, publicly display, publicly perform, create derivative works of, host, index, cache, tag, encode, modify and adapt (including without limitation the right to adapt to streaming, downloading, broadcast, mobile, digital, thumbnail, scanning or other technologies) in any form or media now known or hereinafter developed, any Submission posted by you on or to this Web site owned by YPIA, including any Submission posted on this website through a third party.
Laws in other countries
Each country has its own laws with what is regard to what can be posted online. YPIA is located in the United States and is subject to United States law. YPIA cannot be liable if you are viewing any information from a jurisdiction where it is prohibited or if you post information from a jurisdiction where it is prohibited.
These Terms of Service May Be Changed at Any Time Without Notice.